This dish has a mixture of healthy green herbs, lean meat, and rice. The combination of the herbs and the rice gives it a fragrant aroma and the taste is very earthy and delicious. Incredibly easy to put together, all you need are a few simple ingredients.
*Hope you enjoy these recommendations. Links on this website may be affiliate links. If you click on the links & make a purchase we may earn a small commission fee at no extra cost to you, which helps support the running of this website and provide free recipe content. Thank You!
Fragrant and delicious rice dish with herbs and lean meat.
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped *aka fresh coriander
- 1 bunch green onions chopped *you can also substite with 1 medium regular onion
- 1/2 bunch basil or mint (either one works fine) *approximately a handful of basil leaves
- 1 pound lean beaf *you can also use dark turkey thigh meat or chicken
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice like Bashmati *you can also use regular medium grain rice
- 2 tsp kosher salt *This is an approximation, You can always adjust later after its cooked.
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
Prepare a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Grab a bowl. Finely chop the cilantro, green onions and basil.
Dice the meat into small chunks and add to the bowl
Rince the rice thoroughly in cold water and drain. Repeat this step 2-3 times to rinse out most of the starch from the rice.
Lastly add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix really well with your hands. (*You may need gloves for this).
Place the mixed ingredients into your prepared baking dish. Pat it down flat. Now add the water, and try to distribute the water evenly all around. Pat it down with your hands.
Cover with aluminum foil and seal the edges really well. This ensures no moisture will escape and the rice will steam and cook really well.
Bake at 350 F for about an hour. Half way through cooking, remove from oven and mix. Basically you want to flip over the bottom to the top so that everything cooks evenly. You will see that some of the moisture has already been absorbed and the rice is cooked half way through.
Cover and place back into the oven to continue cooking.
Remove from the oven and fluff the rice. It's ready to serve.
Mixture before baking:
After it has baked: