This sweet and tangy cabbage salad with clementines and dried cranberries are just right for the spring and summer season or enjoyed year round. You will love this combination of cabbage, sweet and juicy clementines, dried cranberries and delicious citrus dressing. Sprinkle with some nuts and sesame seeds for some extra flavor and crunch.
Cabbage salad with sweet and tangy clementines, dried cranberries, and citrus dressing. Topped with chopped nuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- 1/2 head medium green cabbage, chopped in long thin strips
- 2-3 Clementines
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped *(you can also substitute with pine nuts or sliced almonds)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or avocado oil
- Zest of 1 clementine
- Juice of 1 clementine
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
Prepare the dressing: In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients and shake well.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, clementine segments, dried cranberries and pour over the dressing. Toss well to combine. This can be chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
To serve, add the chopped nuts and sesame seeds and toss the salad gently. Enjoy!
You can substitute clementines with tangerines.