Flatbread pizza is very light and fresh without all the heavy sauce and mountains of cheese. This pizza can be enjoyed with any of your favorite toppings. It’s a kind of dish that you can have as an appetizer or have for pizza night dinner. I really like the combination of veggies on this pizza. You can’t go wrong with fresh and healthy vegetables such as zucchini, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and topped with salty kalamata olives, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil.
*Hope you enjoy these recommendations. Links on this website may be affiliate links. If you click on the links & make a purchase we may earn a small commission fee at no extra cost to you, which helps support the running of this website and provide free recipe content. Thank You!
Light and fresh veggie pizza that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or main course.
- 1 pound pizza dough ball
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or squeezed
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- few heirloom cherry tomatoes, or regular red cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 fresh bell pepper *(any color)
- few kalamata olives *(you can use pitted green olives or regular black olives)
- few sprigs fresh basil for garnish
- 1/2 ball fresh mozarella cheese, thinly sliced or you can break apart with your hands *(you can also use regular mozarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 F. Set to convection.
Line a pizza pan dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with some olive oil, or use cooking oil spray.
Roll or stretch out the dough to desired shape and thickness. *I roll it out thin to make a thin crust.
Spread or brush olive oil on the dough and sprinkle with garlic.
Take regular peeler and drag the peeler down along the length of the zucchini, creating long ribbons. Place the ribbons on the pizza dough.
Add the remaining veggies, sliced bell pepper and tomatoes. Add the kalamata olives and lastly scatter pieces of fresh mozarella on the top. You can sprinkle with dried oregano for some extra flavor, this is optional.
Bake the pizza for about 10-15 minutes until a golden crust forms. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
You can get recipe for pizza dough here: