Delicious and authentic Indian dish with perfectly spiced chicken and creamy sauce. Best served over rice or Indian Naan bread. I give credit to the creator of myheartbeets.com for this dish and my other wonderful Paleo recipes.
Delicious and authentic Indian dish with perfectly spiced chicken and creamy sauce. Best served over rice or Indian Naan bread.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless and skinless), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala spice
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or oil of your choice * (add more if needed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-inch knob ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 of 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala spice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne *(use more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Cilantro, for garnish
Add oil to a pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until completely dark golden-brown but be careful not to burn them (this will take at least 15-20 minutes. Don’t worry if it’s dark, that’s how Indian people cook their onions ;))
Add ginger and garlic and sauté for a few more minutes.
Add spices and let them bloom (release their aroma) for a minute.
Then add your chicken mixture and briefly stir-fry to coat chicken with the Masala you’ve made.
Add green pepper, tomato paste and tomato sauce and cover your pan. Let everything simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with Naan. Enjoy!