Seriously, I can’t stress enough how easy this can be put together especially if you have leftover pasta. Tastes better than take out lo-mein. You can whip this up in under 10 minutes, and your kids will thank you.
Quick, easy and tasty vegetable lo mein that can be prepared in minutes.
- 1/2 package regular pasta noodles
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced into strips
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 4-6 mushrooms chopped
- handful snow peas
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil for frying
- 1 tbsp or a bit less sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce *(you can adjust the soy sauce level to your liking)
- 2-3 scallions chopped (optional)
Boil your pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
In large pan, heat the canola oil. Add the onions, and let them fry until they are caramelized or slightly golden.
Add the rest of the vegetables and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
Add the noodles and stir and toss the pasta and the vegetables in the pan.
Lastly add the sesame oil, soy sauce and scallions. Toss to combine in the pan. Fry another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.